Hey There!
I am not a beekeeper yet, but I will soon be! I ordered a Italian Package from http://www.betterbee.com. I also built a Top-Bar-Hive last weekend, using the plans from http://www.biobees.com//. I think it came out really good, considering I never made a hive before, and I had no idea what to expect out of it. Here are some pictures:



The first one is without the cover. The second one is with the cover. I still want to put alunium on top of the cover to make it more 'water-proof'. There is more top bars than what is shown here. They are all stacked up in a pile somewhere else.
I cannot wait until I can pick up my bees and put them in the hive! Although I am not sure about how to put the bees in their TBH. I will have to do more research...
Have A Good Night!
Kris
P.S.- The title DragonBees just popped in my head and it soulded pretty cool to me. I dont think there are really 'dragon bees' out there. Just so you know!
P.P.S.-Sorry about the bad spelling! I don't really have time to spellcheck myself, and my spellchecking button doesn't seem to work!

1 comment:
Nice job of hive building! Looking forward to your bees arriving so we can see how they settle in - make sure you send us a report! Phil at www.biobees.com
Post a Comment