Saturday, March 22, 2008

Record Keeping

Hey Everyone!
I've been getting ready for my bees the past few days. I painted my TBH... it looks awsome! I will post pics as soon as it's done! I've been searching all over my property for the perfect spot to place it. So far I have several, but the best, is one that is on the lowest part of my land. There's a, at least, 50 feet steep hill, about ten feet away from the spot. So I'm not really worried about the moisture issue. I will also post pics of the location. It gets lots of early sun, and lots of afternoon shade.
Anyways... I've been searching for a good record keeping chart thingieabingie. =P
I came up with two sites I really liked.
http://www.boogerhillbee.com/Beekeeping%20for%20Beginners/colonyrecord.pdf
and
http://www.dbka.org.uk/miscdocs/hiverecords.pdf
I am going to be using both guides, by making several copies and puting them in a 1/2 inch binder that I have lying around.
Also in this site...http://basicbeekeeping.blogspot.com/2008/03/lesson-27-you-must-keep-detailed.html There are some good ideas for record keeping, and what to look for while recording a hive. You should also record flowers that bloom, so you know your nectar sources and when pollen season starts!
Well I'm off to go outside and take pics, finish painting, finish up observation hive, blahblahblah. It's absoluty geougous out!
Have a great day!
Kris
P.s.-28 more days! Lol!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kris,
Stopped by to check it out looks great. Don't sweat the installation it goes a lot easier than it sounds. Great luk and take pics (just not of the dance)!
Gary